Reasons To Support Us
- 40 new jobs will be created for local residents;
- The lack of a discount food retailer within South Ruislip means that the proposal would improve choice and promote competition;
- The new Lidl will therefore provide a qualitative improvement in food shopping within this area of the Borough;
- The proposed development will regenerate a key brownfield site that has been vacant for a significant number of years and is in a poor state of repair;
- The new Lidl food store will attract more commerce and investment into the surrounding South Ruislip area;
- The new store will improve choice and promote competition with up to 30% cost savings;
- Lidl stock a variety of unique product lines which are not available from other mainstream retailers; and
- Lidl is the highest performing supermarket in the UK with 80% of its British fresh produce bearing the Red Tractor logo, so you can be assured that you are buying British.
- The proposed development will provide a high quality, contemporary building, built to Lidl’s brand new specification, which will significantly improve the appearance of the site; and
- The modern building will provide a lighter, more spacious sales area, with full height glazing to the front elevation, and with no suspended ceiling. Constructed using high quality materials the building will improve the street scene.
- Sustainable construction techniques will be employed as well as the use of sustainable materials;
- Lidl operate a highly energy efficient business with a strong commitment to recycling and the use of energy efficient equipment and techniques within the store to reduce carbon emissions; and
- The store will serve a substantial residential catchment and will be easily accessible by a choice of modes of transport, including on foot.